Since I started making themes for Nokia C3, many people ask how do I make these themes. Most people find the same problem, they can not find an option for 320×240 screen in the software even carbide. It is not yet available plugins for 320 x 240 screen although in fact already available plugin for Nokia C3, ie Plugins Compact. This is probably because Nokia C3 runs on Series 40 Java operating systems sixth edition and the only phone with a 320 x 240 screen that runs on these operating systems.
So what is the solution to that problem?
If you notice I always put a credit to Joelke on my themes. This is because I learned how to make a theme from Joelke. When I asked how he made the theme, the answer impressed me. He said he did not use any software, which he did just change each element one by one manually and edit the file ‘theme.xml’. This method can be applied to solve our problems in creating themes for Nokia C3. And now I will explain in detail the steps I did in creating themes.
To create a theme we need the following tools:
- Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition, A tool for creating S40 theme, you can download it here, YOU MUST BE REGISTERED AT developer.nokia.com TO DOWNLOAD THIS TOOL.
- Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition Compact UI Plugins, Plugins for Nokia C3, you can download it here [UPDATE LINK @ ifile.it]
- Image/graphic editing Software (I use photoshop)
- Other tools are depending on your needs.
After you download Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition, install it on your PC and run the application, before you start making themes, you must install the Compact Plugin first.
Install the Compact Plugins, choose Windows – Preferences, choose Plugin-Management. Install the plugin by clicking the add button and search for the Compact plugin that you have downloaded before.
Now you are ready to make Nokia C3 theme just like me :).
I’ll make this easy and simple for you, I’ve create a theme template including Project files that can easily import into carbide. You can download the template at Mediafire.com or ifile.it. Once you’ve downloaded it, extract it using winzip, an then just follow the steps below
- Open Carbide
- Choose File – Create New Theme, or simly just choose Create Theme on the Welcome screen.
- Give a name for your theme, then choose Copy an existing theme and click Browse button.
- Find the ‘theme.xml‘ file, it is located inside the C3 Template folder that you have extracted before and hit open.
- Hit the finish button, and now you have my Nokia C3 theme template imported into carbide.
- Make sure you change the plugin inti Compat plugin. Because, if you con’t change the plugin, the theme won’t work well.
- Now you can start creating theme, don’t worry about the display, even it’s in 240×340 instead 320×240, it doesn’t matter, because I’ve created this template with precision for Nokia C3.
- When you finish, package the theme by choosing Tools – Create New Package.
Hint : Quick Steps
Just follow da rules :D
- Download my Theme Template here and extract it.
- You will find a Theme called “C3 Template.nth”, change the file extension into “C3 Template.zip” and extract it.
- Now You will find some images which are the elements of the theme. You can modify these elements as necessary, according to your needs.
- When finished, import the theme into carbide just like the way I’ve described earlier.
- Use carbide to change the fonts colour and improvements.
So this is the end of this tutorial, I hope this tutorial can be useful for anyone who wants to make a theme like me. If you encounter difficulties and need help, please send an email to me or leave a comment on this post. I will help you as much as possible.